We have two options for you to earn your GED.
Option 1: GED Cohort
The GED Cohort is for students who want to earn their GED in 5 months and prefer direct instruction. Cohort students can commit to attending class three nights a week in addition to completing homework. Students may enter the cohort at select times during the year. Please get in touch with Nancy Mosbaugh (email@example.com) for additional information.
Option 2: Open Lab
Open Lab is the option for the student who needs flexibility with their schedule. Classwork is completed independently through an online curriculum with teacher support. Students must commit to at least five hours of work each week and may start at any time.
If you are interested in earning your GED, please follow these steps:
1. Watch the ASE orientation video located here: HSD and GED Orientation
2. Submit your contact information (instructions found in the video)
3. Register to take the CASAS test
Students must have a minimum score on the CASAS Reading assessment to start classes. Pre-GED classes are available for students requiring extra support.
4. Schedule a 30-minute intake appointment with a teacher advisor, which includes:
- Reviewing program requirements
- Creating your support plan
- Committing to the number of hours you will work each week
- Goal setting
- Agreeing to attend a weekly 15-minute check-in appointment with a teacher-advisor (in-person or virtually)