Strides Day Program
Strides is a full-day program focusing on independent living and job readiness. It creatively integrates core skills, including academics, communication, household management, personal growth, self-determination, technology, and work habits, into various classes based on student interests. We aim to help students develop to their greatest potential, meet individual goals, and become as independent as possible. Participants choose learning tracks with classes aligned to meet their Individual Person Plan goals. Students must attend Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. unless we support them at a local job.
Participants must be at least 22 years of age, have a primary diagnosis of an intellectual disability, be independent on an adult school campus, and Regional Center of the East Bay client. A committee reviews each application to determine if the program can meet the applicant's needs. For additional information, including the application process, entrance and continuation criteria, and attendance policy, please click the link on the right.
- Submit contact info: https://cvace.link/awd
- Applicant and caregiver tour the facility.
- Pre-screening call to assess initial eligibility, then added to waitlist if qualified.
- Staff review the applicant's application packet when a spot opens to determine if the program can meet their needs. If so, trial enrolment is offered.
- Program acceptance is determined after a trial enrollment period.