• Communicate effectively in regular conversations.
• Understand main ideas and details of complex text; demonstrated in writing with relevant evidence and elaboration.
• Effectively present ideas, facts, and details both in writing and speaking.
• Confidently interact with native English speakers in real-life situations.
• Spontaneous verbal and written production
• Both Conversational and Academic English usage for:
• Social, academic, and professional purposes.
• Coherent presentation of arguments and accounts.
• Assigned textbook
• Current events
• Students' personal interests and everyday interactions.
This class uses EnGen, an online learning platform for English language learners that focuses on careers and workforce readiness skills, and is for Advanced level English students, students who score very high on their English placement test and are not able to enroll in our regular English classes, and students who have graduated from our English program.
Students will study in the EnGen Digital English program on their own schedule to improve their overall English skills and to gain the language skills needed for a variety of career areas. Students will also join a weekly Careers Conversation Zoom.
Get Focused, Stay Focused!
Behavioral Health Worker Fellowship
• Outreach Specialist
• Community/Resource/Social Service Coordinator
• Case Management/Social Services/Human Services Assistant
• Independent Living Skills/Community Support/Outreach Specialist
• Case Worker, Shelter Advocate, etc.
Behavioral Health Coursework (16-18 units leading to a Certificate of Achievement through Chabot College)
• Prepare you for entry-level para-professional jobs in human services
• Provide a historical context of the human services profession
• Learn hard & soft skill sets, including: interpersonal relationships, cultural competency/humility, active
listening, case management, group process, boundary setting, self-care, empathy, compassion.
• Fieldwork in social work and human service
• 16-18 college credits, 3 semesters, average 2 classes each semester.
Course-specific English Language Support through CVACE
Career coaching & planning
Professional Skills Workshop (resume, cover letter, and interview preparation)
Internship placement and possible PAID On-the-Job-Training placement
Financial aid application assistance if qualified