To register for an ESL class, follow these directions:
- Click on the “Click Here” box
- Choose a testing appointment and click on “Register Now”
- Create an Account: look for “New Customers, Create an Account”
- Follow the instructions complete the registration
If you need help making an account or registering for a test appointment, please call the office at (510) 886-1000. Here are directions to make an account with pictures.
All students need to complete a Health Screening Survey before your testing appointment. To complete the survey, click on the language: English, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic No one will be allowed to test if they are sick or are unable to answer the health screening survey.
Test takers must wear a mask over their mouth and nose during the entire test session.
About our ESL Program and Classes
The first day of class is Tuesday, August 25. English classes are entirely online and will include a Zoom class meeting online with a Castro Valley Adult & Career Education teacher and homework each day. Morning and evening classes are available.
Testing does NOT guarantee placement in a class, students may be placed on a waiting list if their level or preferred class is full.
Students will be contacted on August 20 with class placement information.
Please click HERE to learn more about our ESL program.
We are doing the following things to keep everyone safe and healthy during testing:
- Small number of test takers will allow for at least six feet of social distance in the classroom.
- The testing room is cleaned prior to the test session.
- All staff and testers must wear a mask over their mouth and nose during the entire test session.
- All staff and testers will use hand sanitizer at the beginning and end of the test session.
Please contact me if you have questions or need help. We look forward to helping you learn English!
ESL Program Coordinator